Syndicated content is the replica of already indexed page of Google which is not at all helpful for the site which is showcasing such content. We are going to read ahead in this article the meaning and the impact of syndicated content and its impact analysis. There is a difference in between replica and a efficient copy, when you are taking an idea from an author and presenting it in your own words with new additions. Is called as efficient copy but when you are copying the content and the idea itself from the original author and is actually building a replica of that post is replica article. And it is not at all good for Blogging as a community as well as the efforts of the original author.
Syndicated content is effortless copy of the original work and is distributed over the internet, but the original content is already present in internet. Search engine checks the date and time stamp whoever is oldest will be indexed and rest of them will be marked as supplemental results in index.
Causes a Link is marked as Supplemental Result
1. Content Duplicacy:- Duplicacy caused by the similarity in Title, Description, meta tags etc which makes search engine understand that a page has a duplicate content.
2. Trust Factor:- When your website is involved in link exchange or the reciprocal links found in between two websites also makes devaluate the trust and thus the trust on the website. Paid Links and questionable inbound and outbound links result in supplemental result.
3. Lower Pagerank:- When a content is reiterated over a website many a times it is itself is duplicacy and thus Google mark it as duplicate and dilutes the impact of links passing page rank.
4. High Page count:- Website with enormous number of pages is more in target of this penalty as compared to smaller sites as the number of pages is the factor which dilutes the link benefit.
5. Freshness:- Another concern which is a detrimental factor in determining whether to be marked as supplemental.
So above are the causes which search engine makes to decide whether a link is supplemental.or not. Now let’s see what the next article is talking about, multimedia is the important factor which determines the search engine relevancy. This has appeared as an important factor with the relevancy things becoming more and more important day by day by Google. So now if you want to be at the top of the search results as well as top the search ranking you have no choice but not only to develop awesome content, but also eye catching images, videos and presentations. This way google connects more to the article and its contents and thus will acknowledge your original effort by giving you the top search result ranking as well as a good traffic ranking. More on this topic but we leave it to next article, now coming back to this article would like to discuss few questions on this subject.
What is your definition of Syndicate Content?
Is it ethically wrong to use others content in your website?
If you liked the idea share it on Facebook and share your views on the subject by sending me your comments.