We always say to our colleagues that please don’t forward this mail to anybody but many a times such mails gets circulated. As some mail are confidential and hence circulation hampers Organizational Interests. Question is how to get rid of this Issue and how to save Organizational Interests without blocking free flow of Communication. Now how to do is the question you want to ask Right? Is it Possible to take its control in your hand? Many answers ahead.
Using Permissions Settings you can adjust emails to make them more difficult to copy, print, share, or forward. RMS (Rights Management Services) even disables the built-in Windows screen print feature.
How to Secure your Email?
1. In Outlook 2010 Click the Home tab, then Click the New E-mail button as when you normally compose a new message.
2. From the new message window, Click File > Info > Set Permissions > Do Not Forward.
Note :- RMS protected mail attachments cannot be opened Outside Company domain.
RMS rules gets copied to attached Microsoft Office Documents automatically.
Once a option is selected :-
If you are doing it for first time, it would display
Once done if you move to the Message tab you will get following message displayed :-
If you follow these steps, it would increase the security of your documents. And without super high complicated security you ensured Information security of your company.
Please try using it and share more such features of Windows to make your Office Information Securer.
- Introducing INBOX PAUSE. For when you temporarily want to “pause” incoming email in Gmail. (thenextweb.com)
- Microsoft Outlook.Com: A Hands On First Look (pcworld.com)
- Outlook 2010: Top 5 New Features | Blog (rackspace.com)
- Launch: Vacation Message Improvements | Blog (rackspace.com)