Blogging is usually a techie people’s region and hence the non tech people are I am not saying not unsuccessful but not successful in big numbers in blogging. The number of people who are into blogging as business are mostly techie and hence are considered to be a region made for them. But techie people are usually lags behind in marketing and this slagness sometimes costs the website popularity and online business.
Now here are the tips for you and these tips are tested by me and myself on my websites-
1. Social Marketing- You need to be very cautious in approaching this set of readers as they are aware and well verse on the trending topics. So if you are conversing with them double check your views before commenting on it. Because the best advantage of social marketing is its disadvantage as well. The promotion of you is viral and bad name also spreads with same pace.
2. Forum Marketing- When you are in forum you build your brand and your own name as a serious and professional. The signature links and the feeds work as your promotion medium hence your every post is like a backlink along with marketing your knowledge. And this mode suits you as the knowledge is going to help you promote your brand, it is easy for you and is risk free.
3. Guest Posting- This is also easier for you because you write for the bloggers of your niche and hence build your brand. This also don’t require skills of marketing you have to be yourself and rest will be done by the popularity of other blogger.
4. Link building- This is not at all an art it is building links with the other fellow bloggers in offline forums. Like recent meetup which happened in between WordPress 10th Year meetup. I am sure Adsense 10th year will also have some official hangout schedule. Stay put for such events and make the best of the events connect with the fellow bloggers and buildup your own circle.
5. Comments on Your own Post- This is quiet important for the techie bloggers as this is missed out usually but when you as author replies to comments of your readers it makes positive waves between your loyal readership. This is also considered in marketing you might have never thought of but it is actually very important.
6. Comments on Guest Post- You did the guest post at prominent blog sites and usually you forget it as the backlinks is established and people are following you from the guest post and you are getting traffic. But for How long should be the question in your mind? It is answered by if you keep the post alive by replying to the comments of the readers. It establishes yourself as a serious blogger.
7. Advertising Offline- Offline marketing is also a real awesome way to get traffic and popularity of your blog. Advertising an event or attending seminars on blogging and even arranging an event. It helps visibility of your blog in between the people who are interesting in blogs.
For techie bloggers these challenges are easier to go for and hence the marketing skills are minimal. Thus the blogging which has a minimal requirement of being proficient in marketing now you can say that it is not marketing it is a cakewalk. I give you an extra tip but should be used with much alertness as it may backfire with the short notice Google updates this way may backfire. In a prominent blog you share in the give aways it not only increase your visibility but also helps you piggybacking the prominent bloggers popularity and enhancing reach of your own blog.
How you as blogger came out of the Marketing dilemma? Do share your experience with us in the comments box. Do you have a tip to share? Share it with us in contact us page and if you liked the article do share it on Twitter. Connect with me for more tips and offers of your interest. Keep Blogging!